TTPod T1





This and That:


The T1 has got two 6.2 mm dynamic drivers per side.

I bought the T1, not the T1E or T1S.

What confuses me somewhat is, even though I ordered my T1 new, that the package I received only contained the in-ear, three pairs of silicone tips, a shirt clip and a cable tie while some photos on the internet show additional tips as well as a pouch.

The T1's looks a lot like that of my Sennheiser IE 800, however the latter is much smaller in comparison.
I like the design, especially on my T1 as I ordered the clear shell version with visible drivers, cables and vent tubes.
Build quality is good.

The cable looks decent and is decent.


Sound:

I'm using the largest included single-flange silicone tips.

Tonality:

Tonally, the T1 is relatively balanced in comparison to many other cheap in-ears, more precisely it comes with an almost neutral sub-, but somewhat emphasised mid- and upper bass (so the sub-bass is a bit rolled-off compared to  the midbass and upper bass, giving the lows a rather midbassy, warm direction) as well as fundamental range, whereby the midbass has the most level. However, the TTPod is definitely not a bass monster with an emphasis of circa around 6 dB compared to a strictly neutral in-ear like my Etymotic ER-4S/the ER4SR, but appears slightly more powerful with fast music because the bass is, like that of most dynamic driver in-ears, typically somewhat on the softer side.

The midrange is somewhat in the background. Due to the raised lower and middle fundamental range, lower voices are somewhat on the warmer side, although without any real bleed as the emphasis doesn't go above 600 Hz, so it's a pleasant, moderate, natural sounding kind of warmth.
The upper mids are a bit elevated, providing a bit of more brightness in the upper mids, but thanks to the warmth in the fundamental range, it doesn't come across as unnatural or unpleasant.

In the midle treble, the level begins to rise and increases towards the super treble.
The treble, like the bass range, is somewhat accentuated, whereby the lower and upper highs have an emphasis and the middle tweeter has a slightly lower level compared to them. What is also noticeable, however, is that the emphasis is somewhat stronger in the highs than in the bass range, wherefore the sound can be a slightly too bright at times and on some days. In my opinion, a broad reduction of only one or two dB in the highs would have been ideal for the tonal balance between the lows and highs.

So overall, the sound is balanced and v-shaped, however with a slightly greater focus on brightness. Definitely not unlike my Apple EarPods, although with a bit more low-end impact and extension as well as more sparkle in the upper highs.

Resolution:

The resolution is generally good for the price. Not outstandingly good, but good. More expensive in-ears with two dynamic drivers per side, like the Brainwavz R3, beat the T1, albeit not by much.

All frequency ranges are at a similar resolution level.
The bass range is pleasantly tight and fast compared to many other cheap in-ears, but the midbass is a bit softer compared to the low and upper bass. It's still clearly a dynamic driver bass presentation though, as the T1's lows ultimately don't reach the speed and tightness of models such as my Havi B3 Pro I or Fostex TE-02. Compared to most cheap consumer model in-ears though, the bass is noticeably better controlled and faster, for example when compared to several dynamic driver in-ears from Knowledge Zenith or Xiaomi.

All in all I can say for myself that the T1 has a good level of detail for the price and although I usually listen to way more expensive in-ears in the three- and four-digit price range at home, I like my TTPod a lot, especially for in-between sessions and for listening outside.

Soundstage:

I perceive the spatial presentation of the T1 as open.

The stage is very wide has got some depth as well, so it isn't flat or limited.

While I can estimate the stage width of the T1 comparatively well, I don't manage that well with the depth, as the layering is rather foggy and somewhat diffuse. In comparison, my Brainwavz R1 has got a comparably wide stage, however with the more precise layering (the R1 doesn't resolve as well though and is tuned more extremely with the much more emphasised bass and more treble presence).
Compared to my Havi B3 Pro I, which offers a very large and precise stage, the T1 has got only slightly less width, with more or less half of the Havi's spatial depth. The Havi is more accurate in terms of layering and separation.

Except for the layering, the imaging to the sides appears mostly precise for the price; it doesn't reach the separation and precision of some of the more expensive in-ears though.




Conclusion:

The TTPod T1 is not perfect, however I really like it. Gentle, balanced fun tuning with a just slightly greater focus on brightness than warmth.